Sitting here…drinking cab franc, eating homemade chocolate cake chip cookies (coming next week) and listening to Webbie watch Rome.
As one of my best friends says…#thisis26.
And that is the perfect Friday night for me.
Life is funny like that. Three years ago, this would have been an embarassing Friday night. And now, it’s the highlight of my week. R&R.
Whoops, just spilled half a glass of red wine on my carpet.
Welcome to Friday night…
Rainbow Carrot and Beet Salad
4 cups rainbow carrots (I got them packaged from Trader Joes), chopped
3 cups water
1 cup OJ
1 cup beets – steamed, peeled and quartered
Salt and Pepper
Goat Cheese and Unsalted pistachios to serve
1. Bring carrots, water and orange juice to a boil.
2. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until they become tender (al dente – approximately 10 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and strain. Let cool.
4. Generously salt and pepper carrots to your taste.
5. Combine with beets.
6. Sprinkle with goat cheese and pistachios to serve.
“Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with. “