…You need some chocolate to ease the pain
Some mole sauce should do the trick.
Now, traditional mole has a minimum of 20 ingredients.
This one…does not. But I promise you it tastes just as good!
And paired with a red zinfandel, it will help ease all your World Cup sorrows.
So did we eat the mole plain? We could have, but we actually got creative with some leftover pad thai and made lettuce wraps.
Tune in Wednesday to hear the outcome, ‘From the Mouth of Webbie!’
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 tablespoon minced garlic
1 can condensed tomato soup (10 ¾ oz.)
1 tablespoon onion powder
½ tablespoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon coriander
2.7 oz. dark chocolate (76 oz.) – 6 squares of Ghirardelli
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
1 teaspoon salt
1. On medium high, heat olive oil and add garlic.
2. Add soup and reduce to medium, allowing to thin.
3. Add onion powder, ground red pepper, cinnamon and coriander. Allow to simmer 5 minutes.
4. Add chocolate and allow to melt.
5. All diced tomatoes and salt. Allow to simmer 10-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pairs well with Cellar No. 8 Red Zinfandel
“If Heaven made him…earth can find some use for him.”