I’m under the weather today,
both literally and figuratively.
However, I’m thankful for these moments because they remind me (and hopefully you) that we’re not super human.
We can’t do it all, all the time.
And that there is a time for everything. Today my body (and the weather) are telling me to…
s l o w d o w n.
So for today, a simple and gentle reminder to listen to what your mind, body and soul need and take the time to do it. Like time to make these festive treats…
Description: My roommate, Jackie, discovered the base of the Num Yummys (as we affectionately named them) recipe around this time of year during our junior year at Penn State. I swear we made them almost every day for a month. Super versatile and easy, Num Yummys are perfect for holiday coworker gifts, a hostess present or a simple Sunday afternoon pick-me-up. I promise you won’t be able to make just one batch!
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 sleeve Saltine crackers
12 oz. chocolate
12 oz. chocolate chips + 1 cup crushed mini peanut butter oreos
12 oz. white chocolate chips + 1/2 cup dried cranberries
12 oz. Andes Creme De Menthe chips + white sparkling sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On baking sheet, line crackers face down evenly (should almost cover entire tray).
3. Bring butter and sugar to a boil for one minute. Immediately spread over crackers with even coat.
4. Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow to melt 2-3 minutes and smooth melted chocolate across all crackers. Add extra toppings as desired.
6. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and break apart into pieces.
“Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.”
-John Archibald Wheeler