A German word which describes the calmness and relaxation of a horse’s motion when it completely trusts its rider.
“Their movement becomes a joyful, fluid dance.”
However, it’s only when the horse lets go and reaches Losgelassenheit that it can produce true greatness.
Perhaps we can learn from the horse and “stop exerting intense effort, choosing to soften our attention, accept whatever’s happening, loosen our judgmental standards, and allow life to flow along its uncertain path…”
“The powers that shape us turn out to be not punishing, condemnatory monsters, but forces that teach us Losgelassenheit, showing us how joyful, graceful, and delightful life can be.” (Source)
Now let’s spring into this holiday weekend with some Losgelassenheit and fish tacos…
Description: I promise you’ll be licking the plate after this one. Creamy, spicy and sweet – all in one glorious, “God Bless America” kind of bite.
RED Snapper Fish Tacos with WHITE Corn Dressing and BLUEberry Salsa
(2) 6 oz. red snapper filets
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup diced green peppers and onion
1 packet taco seasoning
1 poblano pepper
1 lemon wedge
Salt & Pepper
1 corn on cob
1/2 cup light ranch dressing
Soft, wheat taco shells
1. Season fish with salt and pepper. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes (or until cooked through).
2. Dust with taco seasoning (amount depends on your taste for spice)
1. Combine blueberries, green peppers and onion, entire poblano pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and juice from lemon wedge in a food processor.
2. Pulse into thoroughly chopped and combined.
1. Cook corn and cut off cob.
2. Add ranch dressing and corn to food processor.
3. Pulse for 1-2 seconds.
1. Combine all ingredients together on taco shells, garnish with onion, green pepper and enjoy!
“This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith.”
~Lyndon B. Johnson