Pumpkin pie spice and ranch dressing!?!
If you think about it, I’m sure a lot of combinations started with some questionable looks.
Like eggs and ketchup…
Cinnamon and sugar…
Or pretzels and chocolate.
So again, fear not.
And just have one taste! It may be the next great food combination…
Taco Salad with Spicy Pumpkin Dressing
1.5 lbs. ground beef (I used 93& Lean)
1 ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup of corn
1 avocado, sliced
Mixed spring greens
2 pieces Lavash, whole wheat
½ cup light sour cream
½ cup light ranch dressing
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium high heat.
3. Brush lavash with olive oil, and rub on taco seasoning.
4. Place directly on rack for approximately 10 minutes, or until crispy.
5. Combine ingredients for dressing and mix well.
6. To plate, place lavash on plate and layer spring greens, beef, avocado, tomatoes, corn and dressing.
“Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won’t taste good. “
– Joe Paterno
Love the JoePa quote!!!