I’ve been on a lemon kick lately.
…so be warned if you plan to tune in over the next few days. Especially if you have an aversion to the little, yellow, sour buddies. I happen to adore them, so be nice.
I think my lemon kick is due to the change in seasons.
Like a sudden urgency to hold on to a piece of summer.
…although a pumpkin spice latte easily eases my summer separation anxiety.
I love the combination of lemon and sugar. During my elementary school days, we had an annual spring fair and one of my BEST memories is going to the stand that sold half a lemon with a candied straw stuck in the middle.
Simple memories from different seasons of life.
Lemon Sugar Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Slowly add flour until combined.
3. Add all other ingredients until combined.
4. Dump out dough into piece of saran wrap, form disk and wrap up. Put in fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
6. On floured surface, roll out dough and cut out selected shapes.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until light and not browned. Don’t overbake. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
8. Allow to cool and enjoy!
“Action is taking the first step. Action is climbing the hill. Action combined with desire, harmonious intent, and undoubting yesfulness is invincible. Hallelujah!”