Definition, noun: a snack or light meal, to eat.
Used in a sentence: We noshed away the entire weekend in New Orleans…
My favorite nosh spots:
- Shrimp po’boys @ Parkway Bakery and Tavern (They also have a surprisingly unique and tasty cocktail selection – only $5.00 during happy hour!)
- Fried alligator, crawfish etouffee and a muffaletta @ Le Bayou (Grab a window seat, it’s EXCELLENT people watching)
- Iced café au lait and beignets @ Café Du Monde (Fact: you WILL leave covered in powdered sugar…)
- Warm goat cheese salad, shrimp and grits and blue cheese flan @ Atchafalaya (Better known for their brunch, we went for dinner and I was BLOWN away. Top 5 meals ever. Their executive chef, Chris Lynch, worked for Emeril Lagasse and is a Philadelphia native).
- Costa Rican breakfast @ The Ruby Slipper Café (The Ruby Slipper was inspired by a powerful sense of homecoming when they returned to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Dorothy said it best, there’s no place like home.)
- Cajun egg sandwich on a biscuit @ Copeland’s Gourmet Kitchen (Located in the NOLA airport, we grabbed breakfast before our flight home and it easily earned a spot on this list within one bite.)
“A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.”
– John Steinbeck