Hello 85 degrees tomorrow! It’s been too long. Like, 9 months too long. That’s…a baby’s worth. Sooooo, we should toast with bourbon blackberries & cardamom whipped cream! Yay!
It blows my mind how heavy cream goes from humble milk carton to luscious, fluffy, scrumptious dairy joy in a matter of minutes. Let’s spread the whipped cream love. (Ok, don’t be dirty…) Well maybe a little dirty with some bourbon.
This recipe is beyond easy, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser. It just can’t be served at a child’s birthday party…for obvious reasons, right? Oh hey, we came full circle with the baby thing.
Bourbon Blackberries & Cardamom Whipped Cream
6 oz. blackberries
2 cups orange juice
¼ cup bourbon
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cardamom
- Wash blackberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine orange juice and bourbon.
- Add to blackberries.
- Set aside and allow to macerate for at least one hour.
- In your mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream for 1 minute on high.
- Add in sugar, vanilla extract and cardamom.
- Whisk additional 2 minutes, or until peaks form.
- Serve blackberries with a dollop of whipped cream.
“If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
Pingback: Cardamom Coconut Cream & Pomegranates | Buoy.