Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb. Try saying it three times fast…I dare you.
I know you’re doing it right now. Don’t feel silly!
Ok, yea. You need some practice.
So, back to rhubarb. I LOVE strawberry rhubarb pie. In full disclosure though, my favorite food in the entire world is cherry pie. Howeverrrr, we’re talking about rhubarb compote here so it’s neither here nor there…
I’m proud to bring another local Maryland wine as a pairing. Ironically, I know I’ve BEEN to Boordy Vineyard, I just can’t remember when.
I guess that’s simply a sign it was a GREAT time.
Yea, a great time.
So, as you’re drinking this Riesling and practicing rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb, here is some food for thought…
Honey Ginger Rhubarb Compote (Served with Baked Chicken)
2 cups rhubarb, chopped
1 cup water
1 cup ginger ale
½ teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon honey
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Combine rhubarb, water, ginger ale, Cajun seasoning, paprika and yellow mustard and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes (until rhubarb breaks apart).
3. Remove from heat and drain in strainer.
4. Return compote to the pot and add honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve on top of baked chicken.
Wine Pairing: Boordy, Riesling
“If you do not raise your eyes you will think that you are the highest point.”