Isn’t the art of inspiration funny?
One minute you’re getting the mail. The next, you’re passionately committed to making lamb burgers.
This is actually the first lamb burger I’ve ever eaten.
The first lamb burger I’ve ever made.
And nowhere near the last.
So in summary…Be inspired. Eat juicy burgers. Drink good wine.
Lamb Burgers with Muenster Cheese & Caramelized Onions
1 lb. ground lamb
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Old Bay
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 sweet onion, cut up
Munester cheese, shredded
- Mix together ground lamb, salt, Old Bay, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Caramelize one onion.
- Create 3-4 burgers.
- On medium high heat, sear burgers on both sides.
- Finish off in 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes (internal temperature of 160 degrees).
- During last few minutes, top with muenster cheese in oven to allow for melting.
- Serve with spring greens and caramelized onions on onion roll.
Wine Pairing: Cobbler Mountain, Cabernet Franc
“Let your working ideas go for a picnic – sometimes the fresh air and ant bites are just what they need. Many great ideas were bitten a little at the beginning.”